After reviewing this policy, if you have additional questions, want more information about our privacy practices, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collecting Personal Information
Purpose of collection: OrganiCAN collects personal information to enable us to manage, maintain, and develop our operations, including for example:
- To load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- To establish, maintain and manage our relationship with you so that we may provide you with, or receive from you, the products and services that have been requested;
- To send you promotional and other marketing materials that we think might be of interest to you;
- To be able to review the products and services that we obtain from you so that we may work with you and so that you may understand our requirements for such products and services;
- To be able to comply with your requests;
- To protect OrganiCAN against error, fraud, theft, and damage to our goods and property;
- Processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order;
- To enable us to comply with applicable laws or regulatory process; and
- Any other reasonable purpose to which you consent.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: Shared with our processor Shopify.From time to time, we may utilize the services of third parties and may also receive personal information collected by those third parties during the performance of their services for us or otherwise. Where this is the case, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such third parties have represented to us that they have the right to disclose your personal information to us. Where permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements, we may collect information about you without your knowledge or consent.
- Personal Information collected: Version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, how you interact with the Site contact and identification information, such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address; andpayment information (including, for example, credit card information).We may also collect market-related information, which may include personal information, concerning market trends and activities impacting our business. This information may include contract terms, financial information, and other information for the purpose of market analysis and strategic planning.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address above to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We may share your personal information with our employees, contractors, consultants, affiliates, and other parties who require such information to assist us with managing our relationship with you, including: (i) third parties that provide services to us; (ii) third parties that assist us in the provision of services to you; and (iii) third parties whose services we use to conduct our business.We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
For example, we may share your personal information from time to time with our third- party information technology, data processing and payment processing service providers so that we may operate our business. As a result, your personal information may be collected, used, processed, stored, or disclosed in the United States and Canada. As such, your personal information may potentially be accessible to law enforcement and national security authorities of that jurisdiction.
Finally, your personal information may be disclosed:
- as permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements;
- to comply with valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas or court orders;
- as part of our regular reporting activities to its affiliates;
- to protect the rights and property of OrganiCAN;
- during emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons; and
- with your consent.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Please note that our website may contain links to other websites that may be subject to less stringent privacy standards. If you click on a link to such a third-party website, a third party may also place a cookie on your hard drive. We cannot assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of the third parties that operate these websites. OrganiCAN is not responsible for how such third parties collect, use or disclose your personal information. You should review the privacy policies of these websites before providing them with personal information.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can OPT-OUT of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: https://optout.aboutads.info/.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information above.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information above. If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
As noted above, if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail using the details provided under “Contact” above.If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may be entitled to make a written submission to the Privacy Commissioner in your jurisdiction.